Why use Beekeeper Studio for Redshift?
Firstly, it's free. But not free in a sketchy ad-supported freemium way. Beekeeper Studio is 100% MIT open source, and we are committed to providing a privacy-respecting, full featured SQL client for years to come.
Sometimes it's the little things, like when you paste a Redshift url into Beekeeper Studio we automatically parse out the user, host, port, and database name.
Still not convinced? Hmm.... well here is a super compelling list of features.
Redshift Client Features
- Modern Redshift interface - We sweat the details. There are no 'tabs within tabs', cryptic buttons, or old-school Java swing interfaces.
- Tabbed interface - open a bunch of queries and tables all alongside each other.
- Multiples Connections - give each connection a color, and run them all at once if you wish.
- Saved Queries - save queries for later (when you remember).
- Table Creation and Editing - create and modify your Redshift tables quickly and easily.
- Data Editing - edit database records in Redshift with only a couple of clicks.
- Redshift SQL Auto Completion - a useful autocomplete editor that doesn't get in your way.
- Pinned Tables - keep your most-used tables and views at the top of the sidebar for easy reference.
- Run History - dig deep to find the magical code from last week that 'just worked'.
- Community Strength - many features were built by our amazing community of contributors.
A Redshift Client Built With Love
We're a small team of two people building software we care about. We're not part of a big corporation, and we don't have our own database to sell you. We use databases on a daily basis, and we got frustrated that there wasn't a straightforward and approachable cross-platform SQL client we could enjoy using, so we built one 😀
We hope you enjoy using Beekeeper Studio as much as we enjoy making it.
Give Beekeeper Studio a try.