If you’re looking for a modern, clean, and performant Redshift client, give Beekeeper Studio a try.
You don’t know? Ok, here’s the low-down. Redshift is Amazon’s super performant, horizontally scalable analytics database. It doesn’t work like a traditional database, and it’s not suitable for the type of stuff you’d use MySQL or Postgres for, but it’s AMAZING for analytics queries - aggregates, full table scans, that type of thing.
Why use Beekeeper Studio for Redshift?
Firstly, it’s free. But not free in a sketchy ad-supported freemium way. Beekeeper Studio is 100% MIT open source, and we are committed to providing a privacy-respecting, full featured SQL client for years to come.
Sometimes it’s the little things, like when you paste a Redshift endpoint url into Beekeeper Studio we automatically parse out the host, port, and database name:
Still not convinced? Hmm…. well here is a super compelling list of features and a few gorgeous screenshots to tip the scales.
Super compelling list of features
- Clean modern interface - no tabs within tabs, cryptic buttons, or old-school Java swing interfaces. Beekeeper Studio is clean and easy to use.
- Tabbed interface - open a bunch of queries and tables all alongside each other
- Autocomplete SQL editor - a useful autocomplete editor that doesn’t get in your way.
- Query History - don’t lose that one query you got working last week but forgot to save
- Saved Queries - save queries for later (when you remember)
- Light and dark themes - We give you both, but lets be real - Dark theme 4eva!
- Built with love - many features were built by our amazing community of contributors.