Things have been slow for Gregory and I this month due to Covid, homeschooling, and work responsibilities.
👋 Check out our easy to use desktop GUI for SQL
Beekeeper Studio is a truly cross-platform SQL GUI with a clean, uncluttered interface. Write SQL, edit data, alter tables, and more!
Available for MacOS, Linux, and Windows.
Fortunately, the community has been on a tear and this release comes with a bunch of quality features and bug fixes.
In this release
Headline Feature: We now build for arm64 and armhf on Linux, which means you can run Beekeeper Studio on any Raspberry Pi 2B+! While probably a small userbase, we love the Raspberry Pi and think it is important to support such a pivotal learning platform.
- You can now provide your own certificates for SSL connections
- Wide tables are much more performant, thanks to Oli, the creator of Tabulator who worked with us to figure out a horizontal virtual dom implementation.
- We’ve changed how the sidebar works a little bit - click the arrow to expand the table, click the table name to open the table.
- If you are in a table view, the currently open table will be highlighted in the sidebar.
- HTML is escaped properly in query results and table views
- Connection passwords are now appropriately encrypted in the local database again
- Loads of app code has moved to typescript (!). This was a massive piece of work, and 100% a community contribution. :heart:
- A bunch of build fixes and new architecture targets.
- Yes yes, commenting SQL now doesn’t take you to a new line.
Pull Requests in this release
402f865 Merge pull request #393 from MasterOdin/ts_sql_tools
12985c5 Merge pull request #381 from beekeeper-studio/snap-removable-media
3c0611a Merge pull request #382 from trevorrjohn/master
2db8f72 Merge pull request #376 from trevorrjohn/feature/add-ssl-cs-file
0872795 Merge pull request #357 from christianpatrick/select-all-command
3b11f3d Merge pull request #378 from beekeeper-studio/armhf
7c197d0 Merge pull request #368 from brenocastelo/feat/tranlate-readme-to-ptbr
5258661 Merge pull request #309 from UtechtDustin/use-other-db-for-dev
854930d Merge pull request #356 from MasterOdin/patch-5
043f515 Merge pull request #365 from tomswartz07/typo-fix
c5d728c Merge pull request #350 from beekeeper-studio/fix-json-params
125a5ce Merge pull request #328 from thiagola92/master
6e8a689 Merge pull request #347 from beekeeper-studio/query-identification-fix
e48658a Merge pull request #336 from beekeeper-studio/click-differences
90fc7dd Merge pull request #335 from beekeeper-studio/better-encryption
afec688 Merge pull request #334 from beekeeper-studio/revert-322-bug/connection-passwords-being-saved-without-encryption
8a52e7b Merge pull request #332 from beekeeper-studio/html-escape
93ae4b8 Merge pull request #324 from beekeeper-studio/arm-build-publish
cf48d75 Merge pull request #304 from geovannimp/refactor/add-typescipt
59fae66 Merge pull request #323 from beekeeper-studio/tabulator-4.8
9692d63 Merge pull request #322 from geovannimp/bug/connection-passwords-being-saved-without-encryption
ac991c2 Merge pull request #308 from UtechtDustin/feature/305
298c861 Merge pull request #315 from beekeeper-studio/dependabot/npm_and_yarn/bl-3.0.1
35b510e Merge pull request #307 from UtechtDustin/better-visibility-new-line