Why use Beekeeper Studio for Postgres?
Firstly, it's free. But not free in a sketchy ad-supported freemium way. Beekeeper Studio is 100% MIT open source, and we are committed to providing a privacy-respecting, full featured SQL client for years to come.
Sometimes it's the little things, like when you paste a Postgres url into Beekeeper Studio we automatically parse out the user, host, port, and database name.
Still not convinced? Hmm.... well here is a super compelling list of features.
Postgres Client Features
- Modern Postgres interface - We sweat the details. There are no 'tabs within tabs', cryptic buttons, or old-school Java swing interfaces.
- Heroku Friendly - Import your Heroku Postgres database by simply pasting the URL.
- Schema Aware - Beekeeper Studio organizes your entities by schema, but we default to the 'public' schema, so you have fewer clicks.
- Tabbed interface - open a bunch of queries and tables all alongside each other
- Multiples Connections - give each connection a color, and run them all at once if you wish
- Saved Queries and Run History - save queries for later (when you remember)
- Postgres Table Editing - in-line editing for all content types
- Postgres SQL auto-completion - a useful autocomplete editor that doesn't get in your way.
- Community Strength - many features were built by our amazing community of contributors.
A Postgres Client Built With Love
We're a small team of two people building software we care about. We're not part of a big corporation, and we don't have our own database to sell you. We use databases on a daily basis, and we got frustrated that there wasn't a straightforward and approachable cross-platform SQL client we could enjoy using, so we built one 😀
We hope you enjoy using Beekeeper Studio as much as we enjoy making it.
Give Beekeeper Studio a try.