A Modern, Easy To Use PostgreSQL GUI Client
Beekeeper Studio is a modern and friendly PostgreSQL GUI client.
Our users tell us that Beekeeper Studio is the most intuitive, and easy to use PostgreSQL GUI client available. Not only that, but we take your privacy seriously, so no sketchy user tracking or third party ads in the app or on the website, ever.
Beekeeper Studio cares about the details, for example, if you paste a PostgreSQL url into Beekeeper Studio we automatically just figure out how to inflate the url into host, user, port, etc.
PostgreSQL GUI Client Features
- Modern and easy to use PostgreSQL GUI client - We sweat the details. There are no 'tabs within tabs', cryptic buttons, or
old-school Java swing interfaces.
- Heroku Friendly - Import your Heroku Postgres database by simply pasting the URL.
- Schema Aware - Beekeeper Studio organizes your entities by schema, but we default to the 'public' schema, so you have fewer clicks.
- Tabbed Interface - Open a bunch of queries and tables all alongside each other.
- Open Multiple PostgreSQL Connections At Once - give each connection a color, and run them all at once if you wish.
- Save SQL Queries For Later - Our built in data store lets you save queries for when you need them.
- PostgreSQL Table Creation and Editing - We have a built-in, easy to use GUI interface.
- Edit PostgreSQL Data - Edit database records in PostgreSQL in-line with only a couple of clicks.
- PostgreSQL SQL Auto Completion - A useful autocomplete editor that doesn't get in your way.
- Pinned Tables - Keep your most-used tables and views at the top of the sidebar for easy reference.
- PostgreSQL Run History - Beekeeper Studio keeps track of the SQL queries you run, so you can find the magical code from last week that 'just worked'.
- Not Just for PostgreSQL - Beekeeper Studio supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite, CockroachDB, Redshift, and SQL Server.
- Community Strength - Many features were built by our amazing community of contributors.
Beekeeper Studio Works The Same On MacOS, Windows, and Linux
Whatever operating system you work (or play) from, you can query and edit PostgreSQL with all of our features, no compromises.
We use a cross-platform app development framework to make sure that you get the best PostgreSQL GUI client experience, regardless of whether you use MacOS, Windows, or Linux.
Beekeeper Studio also works great on Chromebooks, Raspberry Pi 3+, and maybe even the odd toaster or fridge (if they run Linux).
Built With Care and Attention
Beekeeper Studio is built by me, Matthew Rathbone. I build software I care about. I'm not part of a big corporation, and I don't have a large investor in the background writing checks. I've been using databases for 20 years and just really wanted a friendly and intuitive PostgreSQL GUI client. There wasn't one, so I built it myself, and here we are.
I hope you enjoy using Beekeeper Studio as much as I enjoy making it.