A Modern, Easy To Use SQL Server GUI Client
Beekeeper Studio is an open source and free SQL Server GUI client.
Our users tell us that Beekeeper Studio is the most modern, intuitive, and easy to use SQL Server GUI client available. Not only that, but we take your privacy seriously, so no sketchy user tracking or third party ads in the app or on the website, ever.
Beekeeper Studio cares about the details, for example, if you paste a SQL Server url into Beekeeper Studio we automatically just figure out how to inflate the url into host, user, port, etc.
SQL Server GUI Client Features
- Modern and easy to use SQL Server GUI client - We sweat the details. There are no 'tabs within tabs', cryptic buttons, or
old-school Java swing interfaces.
- Tabbed Interface - Open a bunch of queries and tables all alongside each other.
- Open Multiple SQL Server Connections At Once - give each connection a color, and run them all at once if you wish.
- Save SQL Queries For Later - Our built in data store lets you save queries for when you need them.
- SQL Server Table Creation and Editing - We have a built-in, easy to use GUI interface.
- Edit SQL Server Data - Edit database records in SQL Server in-line with only a couple of clicks.
- SQL Server SQL Auto Completion - A useful autocomplete editor that doesn't get in your way.
- Pinned Tables - Keep your most-used tables and views at the top of the sidebar for easy reference.
- SQL Server Run History - Beekeeper Studio keeps track of the SQL queries you run, so you can find the magical code from last week that 'just worked'.
- Share SQL Server connections and queries - Optionally upgrade to a Team Workspace to share queries and connections with your colleagues.
- Not Just for SQL Server - Beekeeper Studio supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite, CockroachDB, Redshift, and SQL Server.
- Community Strength - Many features were built by our amazing community of contributors.
A SQL Server GUI That Works The Same On Mac, Windows, and Linux
Whatever operating system you work (or play) from, you can query and edit SQL Server with all of our features, no compromises.
We use a cross-platform app development framework to make sure that all features are available on every OS, and every platform.
Beekeeper Studio also works great on Chromebooks, Raspberry Pi 3+, and maybe even the odd toaster or fridge (if they run Linux).
A SQL Server GUI Client Built With Care and Attention
Beekeeper Studio is maintained by Matthew Rathbone. I build software I care about. I'm not part of a big corporation, and I don't have an ulterior motive. I use databases on a daily basis, and got frustrated that there wasn't a straightforward and approachable cross-platform SQL client I could enjoy using, so I built one 😀
I hope you enjoy using Beekeeper Studio as much as I enjoy making it.